Submit Events Now
The SF Beer Week website is accepting event submissions! Don’t wait until January to post your events. Tens of thousands of people will be visiting the SF Beer Week site in December once the schedule uidoes live. The earlier you get your events in, the more people will see them.
The full website and schedule is slated to launch November 30. Events submitted before that date will be queued and roll out with the site launch. Those received after November 30 will be published as they’re approved. Please review our Event Submission Guidelines for a complete explanation of event best practices. If your event doesn’t meet our guidelines, it won’t be approved.
Unique vs Week-Long Special Events
In an effort to make our schedule more concise and in compliance with California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, events will be sorted into two different categories, “unique” or “week-long special.” These event categories will be displayed separately, and are subject to different listing fees.
If an event is recurring, intended as a “special” in the sense of offering a discount or deal, and/or an occasion where certain beer lists or beer-and-food pairings are available during all or an extended portion of SF Beer Week, it may be classified as a “week-long special.” This event type will not appear on the daily list of events, but be featured in its own selectable category on the schedule. The fee to submit a week-long special event is $50.
Events that are true events, meaning they feature a special, unique or rare selections of beer or food, special guests, one-time activities or experiences, and are generally considered special occasions will be classified as “unique” events. These events will be featured on the daily list of events. The fee to submit a unique event is $25.
Ready to Submit an Event?
1) Go to sfbeerweek.wpengine.com and log in with your existing account, or create a new one. If you log in with an old account, you can access your 2015 events, edit, and resubmit them for 2016. If you can’t remember your password, use the reset option.
2) After logging in, click on “Create Event” and you’ll see previous events in the left panel (if applicable), and the event submission form in the right panel.
3) Fill out the event form to submit a new event, or resurrect earlier events by clicking the “renew” button underneath past event titles. You can change the details and press the submit button at the bottom.
4) Follow instructions for submitting payment for event fees. If you are a sponsor of SFBW, use the special event code to submit unlimited events and tp set your featured events. (Interested in sponsoring? Download the kit here.)
5) Once submitted, your event details will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the event guidelines. We’ll try to be quick, but sometimes the influx of events can cause delays. Please be patient.
6) Upon approval, your event will appear on the SF Beer Week website. Remember, get your events in now to be on the schedule when it launches on November 30.
– Only event hosts should submit and pay for events.
– Breweries cannot submit and pay for events on behalf of retail licensed accounts, in accordance with California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
– Event details may be edited after you’ve submitted them, within reason. Just log into your account, make your changes, and resubmit the event. Your event will go through the approval process again before posting.
Plan on submitting a lot of events? Consider an SF Beer Week sponsorship. A handful of spots are open at the Industry and Supporting levels (Sorry, Official is sold out). These won’t last long. Contact Ron Silberstein for more information: ron AT thirstybear DOT com
We’re looking forward to seeing what you have planned and spreading the word about your event. If you have any questions or concerns about events, please contact Joanne Marino: joanne AT sfbrewersguild DOT org.