Start Submitting Events
The SF Beer Week website is now accepting event submissions! Don’t wait until January, or even worse, February, to post your events on our website. The earlier you submit the details, the more visitors will see your event. Last year our schedule page was visited 22,000 times between December 9, 2013, and January 13, 2014.
The full website and schedule is slated to launch on December 8th. Events submitted before that date will be held in queue, while those received afterwards will be published as they’re approved. Please review our Event Submission Guidelines for a complete explanation of event best practices. If your event doesn’t meet our guidelines, it won’t be approved.
Unique vs Week-Long Special Events
In an effort to make our schedule more concise and in compliance with California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, events will be sorted into two different categories, “unique” or “week-long special.” These event categories will be displayed separately, and are subject to different listing fees.
If your event features a special beer list or food and beer pairing, that’s available during all, or an extended portion of SF Beer Week, it will be classified as a “week-long special.” This event type will not appear on the daily list of events. Instead, a week-long special will be featured in it’s own selectable category on the schedule. The fee to submit a week-long special event is $50.
Events that feature a limited selection of beer or food, special guests, and one-time activities or experiences, will be classified as “unique” events. These events will be featured on the daily list of events. The fee to submit a unique event is $25.
Ready to Submit an Event?
1) Go to sfbeerweek.wpengine.com and login with your existing account, or create a new one. If you log in with an old account, you can access your 2014 events, edit, and resubmit them for 2015. If you can’t remember your password, use the reset option.
2) After logging in, click on “Create Event” and you’ll see your old events in the left panel (if applicable), and the event submission form in the right panel.
3) Fill out the event form to submit a new event, or resurrect old events by clicking the “renew” button underneath past event titles. You can change the details and press the submit button at the bottom.
4) Follow instructions to pay the fee.
5)Then we’ll examine your event details and make sure they meet our guidelines. We’ll try to be quick, but sometimes the influx of events can cause delays. Please be patient.
6) If approved, your event will appear on the SF Beer Week website when the schedule launches in December.
– Only event hosts should submit and pay for events.
– Breweries cannot submit and pay for events on behalf of retail licensed accounts, in accordance with California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
– Your event details can be edited after you’ve submitted it to the SF Beer Week website. All you have to do is sign into your account, make the changes, and then your event will go through the approval process again.
Plan on submitting a lot of events? Consider an SF Beer Week sponsorship. A handful of spots are open at the Official, Industry and Supporting levels. They won’t last long. Contact Ron Silberstein for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to seeing what you have planned and spreading the word about your event. If you have any questions or concerns about events, please contact Brian Stechschulte: email@example.com.