Submit Events For Lift Off!
The SF Beer Week website is accepting event submissions now!
Don’t wait until 2017 to post your events. Tens of thousands of people will be visiting the SF Beer Week site in December once the schedule goes live. The earlier you get your events in, the more people will see them.
The full website and schedule is slated to launch December 5. Events submitted before that date will post with the site launch. Those received after December 5 will be published as they’re approved.
Please see our Event Submission Guidelines for a complete explanation of event best practices, including updated requirements for 2017, and details about the two types of event listings (“unique” vs. “week-long special”). If your event doesn’t meet our guidelines, it won’t be approved.
Ready to Submit an Event?
1) Go to sfbeerweek.wpengine.com and log in with your existing account, or create a new one. If you log in with an old account, you can access your 2016 events, edit, and resubmit them for 2017. If you can’t remember your password, use the reset option.
2) After logging in, click on “Create Event” and you’ll see previous events in the left panel (if applicable), and the event submission form in the right panel.
3) Fill out the event form to submit a new event, or resurrect earlier events by clicking the “duplicate” button underneath past event titles. You can change the details and press the submit button at the bottom.
4) A payment window will pop up for event fees. If you are a SFBW sponsor, use your special event code to submit unlimited events and set your featured events. (Interested in sponsoring? Download the kit here.) You can bypass paying for an event by clicking the ‘X’ in the top right corner of the pop-up, however events must be paid for before they can be processed. Once submitted, you can easily call up and review your event details to ensure compliance with the event guidelines.
5) Please allow up to five business days for your event to be processed. We try to approve events within a day or two of their submission, however, influxes of events and other circumstances can cause delays. Please be patient.
6) Upon approval, your event will appear on the SF Beer Week website. Remember, get your events in now to be on the schedule when it launches on December 5.
– Only event hosts should submit and pay for events.
– Breweries and distributors cannot submit and pay for events on behalf of retail licensed accounts, in accordance with California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
– Once submitted, events may be edited for material changes only (for ex. changing a start time). To do so, log into your account, make your change, and resubmit the event. Your event will go through the approval process again before posting.
Planning on submitting a lot of events? Consider becoming an SF Beer Week sponsorship. Sponsors at all levels receive unlimited event submissions. A handful of spots are still open, but these won’t last long. Contact Ron Silberstein for more information: ron AT thirstybear DOT com
We’re looking forward to seeing what you have planned and spreading the word about your event. If you have any questions or concerns about events, please contact Joanne Marino: joanne AT sfbrewersguild DOT org.